From: Mike Glassman - Admin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 11:37 PM
To: 'Rajesh'; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] sendmail on DMZ

Rajesh,

Firstly, the FW allways works better when there's nothing else on the box
excepting the FW, so your idea of moving your sendmail off it is a very good
idea, especially since sendmail if hacked (which some versions can be), can
allow someone to hack your FW as well...which is not good.

We have our relay in the DMZ (sendmail as well) and we have not had one
problem with the setup. Assigning the correct rules to allow flow of email
from the internet to your sendmail (preferably through a virus checker of
course) and then from the sendmail to your internal email server.

I can't see why it won't work.

Mike