[FW1] SMTP issues with v4.1 SP4 & SP5

Hopefully someone has seen this issue and has an idea
or two.

We have been running FW-1 ver 4.1 SP2 for too long.
We decided to upgrade the IP650's to ver 4.1 SP4.
After the boot manager was up'd, and IPSO from 3.2.1
to 3.4, I loaded SP4.  Reloaded the backup config,
re-edited the conf files Checkpoint over wrote and all
seemed to work.

Then the calls came in....  TCP/IP connections seemed
to drop on rule 0.  SMTP traffic into a 3rd party SMTP
scanner timed out on rule 0 after exactly 5 minutes
when passed on to our GroupWise PO gateway.

The GroupWise server would complain about wrong
sequence, recipient first or something to that effect.
 Then after 10 - 15 minutes it would go down.

I disabled the FLOWs option, disabled the SYN
defender, redid putkeys, validated routes, NAT, rules,
timeout settings, registry hacks ( NT management ) ---
 all to no avail.

I did not have the SMTP engine running in the
firewall, as far as I could tell anyway.

The only remedy was to revert back to IPSO 3.2.1 and
ver 4.1 SP2 !

T.I.A.