Ft Worth, TX 76113-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Kodo
Dum
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 8:55 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] important note to OOF autorepliers

It is not hard to disable out of office autoreplies to Internet email
addresses.   You should do it!

Why?

1. Because people who use OOF autoreplies usually use them from their
corporate accounts.   This means that even if you never post to the group,
it is easy to compile a list of companies running FW-1.   This information
could be useful to hackers.
2. It's bloddy annoying to everyone else on the group who posts.

To encourage this, I am going to take some action.   Next time I post to the
list, I am going to take the email addresses of everyone who sends me OOF
replies and give them to at least one spam source.