From: "Sugih Budihardjo" <[email protected]>
Subject: [FW1] Pls help me
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:55:53 +0800

Hi all, This is a problem with my firewall that I've been facing ever since I have it running. Actually I've reported this to both parties Checkpoint and Arcserve and I'm still waiting for the solution but in the mean time I'd also like to share with you hoping that any of you can also help me. I'm using Checkpoint2000 Strong3DES.

This is my network diagram:

|-----------------------|
192.168.1.0------------|192.168.1.1 |
| |
| Firewall w.x.y.z|----------External Interface
| |
192.168.2.0------------|192.168.2.1 |
|-----------------------|

So as you see that the firewall machine also acts as a router to the
internal networks.
I have Arcserve2000 running on one of the machine in 192.168.1.0 network.
The backup works OK when it backups machines on the same network
The problem only happens when it backup machines on the other network which
is 192.168.2.0, it causes the firewall machine to freeze, you can't do
anything not even moving the mouse cursor. No log on both NT event viewer
and Checkpoint. What I can do is only reset the power button of the firewall
machine.
I did check with Arcserve but they claimed that this issue is not related
with their backup software.
FYI, all of the machines are running Winnt4 SP6a.

Pls help me.

Best Regards,
Sugih Budihardjo

If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use of the information contained within this
email or attachments is strictly prohibited. Internet communications are not
secure and we do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of this
message. Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and
not necessarily those of the Company. If you have received this email in
error, or if you are concerned withthe content of this email please notify
the IT helpdesk by telephone at +852 2525 8750.