[FW1] Problem communicationg through FW1 on a VPN tunnel

  • To: "FireWall-1 Mailinglist (E-post)" <[email protected]>
  • Subject: [FW1] Problem communicationg through FW1 on a VPN tunnel
  • From: "Jan Berntsen" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:19:10 +0200
  • Sender: [email protected]

Hello all

I know that this is probably not a FireWall-1 issue, but with all the
intelligent communication professionals hooked up to this mailing list,
there ought to be someone who is able to tell me what to do about this.

I have this configuration:
- Unix host - ftp client
- Cisco Router
- Cisco Router
- FireWall-1
- Intel NetStructure VPN device - VPN Tunnel endpoint
- FireWall-1 (another one)
- Cisco Router
- Internet
- Cisco Router
- Intel NetStructure VPN device - VPN Tunnel endpoint
- Windows NT FTP server

I run ftp from the unix host to the WinNT ftp server.

My problem is that if I try to 'put' any file larger than a certain size
(below 2k), the file will not be sent. The ftp client manages to connect
and send the data, but when closing the file, it times out with the
message '426 connection closed; transfer aborted'.
If I try to 'get' a file, it transfers right away with no problem.
I also have problems with user sessions of several kinds trying to
connect from the Windows NT side towards the Unix side by using Terminal
Server Client or ODBC connections.
I have tried to adjust the MTU, and even enabled MTU-path-discovery in
the Cisco routers at both endpoints without any effect.

Any and all help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan Berntsen
Networking Engineer
InfoCare ASA
E-mail:	[email protected]
Internet: 	http://www.infocare.no

------
This message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses