[FW1] FW-1 shutdown stumper

Hello all,

            I’m running into an interesting problem that I can’t find any information on.  Periodically, my firewall (FW-1 4.1) decides to quit (i.e. I’m unable to route packets in/out to the Internet).  A reboot remedies the situation.  When I check dmesg I found the following line, which occurs around the time I lose my routing to the outside:

Sep 10 00:37:05 hydra fw: [ID 140332 kern.notice] FW-1: last packet seen 19090 seconds ago, assuming clock change.

The number of seconds ago varies, but the message is logged at different times near when connectivity is lost.  (A ifconfig hme0 down / ifconfig hme0 up appears to fix the problem.)  Does FW-1 have a setting to go to sleep if it doesn’t see a packet?  Clock change?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Steve