From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. September 2001 16:16
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Can not logon CPFW with GUI Client, Help...

Hello,

I have a Nokia IP 440 running (IPSO 3.3) with CheckPoint Firewall 4.1 SP3.
I followed the installation procedures and in the matter of fact,
everything was running fine, until I change the Logical names of the Nokia
via a webbrowser. I restored (that's what I think) the old settings, but
now I'm not able to logon to the firewall via the GUI client.

I get the message: can't connect to server. Sometimes a message appears
that I have to check the GUI parameters in the cpconfig, but these are 100%
correct.

When I look on the console and start the firewall via "fwstart", I also get
the message: fw_ipaddr: cannot get my ipaddr. Has this something to do with
my problem?

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Do I have to reinstall the
firewall, including the IPSO OS?

Please, I need help....

Rene Smetsers