From: Roelandts, Guy
To: '[email protected]'
Sent: 9/5/01 11:16 AM
Subject: [FW1] Fw-1 4.1 & Solaris 2.6

Hello,

   Till yesterday I had installed FW-1 on Win Nt - Win 2K and IPSO
 only, now I have it installed on a Solaris 2.6 too but am having
 two problems/questions :

	1. Where do you put the arp -s and the route add commands in,
		I suspect there is a standard place in Solaris to put
		these commands, but I don't have a lot of Solaris
		experience

	2. This Firewall has a separate management server, I can down
		load it's security policy just fine, but some other
		Firewalls can't load theirs, using this Sun as a
Gateway.
		Just before we had a Windows Nt that was acting as the
		Gateway. All I did was remove the proxy arp and route
from
		this Nt system and add them to the Sun. When I ping to
my
		Management Server NAT'ted address I get the MAC address
of
		the Sun in the arp tables, so this seems to work, I also
		made sure the needed FW1 services were allowed through
the
		Sun and they work, I can see accepts in my log viewer.

		So what could be wrong ? What could I have forgotten ?

  Appreciate any help or hints on this.

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien à vous - Kind regards

Guy ROELANDTS
EMEA GS Internet Expertise Centre - CCSA & CCSE
Compaq Software Engineer - Belgium
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel: +32(02)729.77.44 (options  3 - 3 - 1)
Fax: +32(02)729.77.65

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information,
and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally
addressed. The content of this message may contain private views and
opinions which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment
unless specifically stated. Should you receive this message by mistake
please inform the sender immediately.
at