[FW1] FW Logswitch

I am in the situation where the enforcements point has fw.log files from
when the management station has been down for maintenance and/or before the
management server existed. Other than that all logs are transferred to the
management station where the logs are switched and archived.   How can I
transfer these old files to the management station?  Or since I do not need
the log files can I just cat /dev/null > fw.log and cat /dev/null >
fw.logptr or will that case an issue with the log index if the management
station is unreachable in the future.