[FW1] 4.0 -> 4.1 efficiency

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW1] 4.0 -> 4.1 efficiency
  • From: "Jeff Murphy" <[email protected]>
  • Date: 05 Sep 2001 11:38:57 -0400
  • Sender: [email protected]

over the summer we upgraded all of our fws to 4.1 (sp3 currently). we
noticed that cpu utilization has gone up post-upgrade (specifically kernel
utilization - observed using vmstat or top). has anyone noticed 4.1 being
needing more cpu that 4.0 if other variable remain relatively constant
(packet rates, ruleset, etc)?

also - i searched the faqs/pdf's but didnt find an explanation of what process
"polsrvd" does?

jeff