[FW1] IKE VPN Connection to SonicWall Firewall - help needed

Hello all

I hope someone can help me here.

I am attempting to create a VPN link between my company and a sister
company, however am having some difficulties that I cannot figure out.

I am running v4.1 SP4 and attempting to create an IKE connection to a
SonicWall Firewall, however the firewalls do not seem to want to transfer
the keys.  In my log I see the following:

	IKE Log: Phase 1 completion 3DES/MD5/Pre Shared Secrets  Negotiation
ID: ............
	IKE Log: Received Notification from Peer: no proposal chosen.

Initially we were able to get this link working, however in our log we were
seeing the above two lines repeated, then I would see:

	IKE Log: Phase 1 completion 3DES/SHA1/Pre Shared Secrets
Negotiation ID: ............
	scheme: IKE methods: Combined ESP: 3DES + MD5 (phase 2 completion)
for subnet .......
	IKE Log: Received Notification from Peer: payload malformed
Negotiation Id: ....
however the VPL link would come up.

The owner of the SonicWall Firewall attempted to upgrade the firmware of the
SonicWall a couple of days ago, and afterwards our link fails to start-up.
We have even tried to go back to the previous version of the SonicWall
without any luck.

	Another sister company, also running Firewall-1 is able to get the
link up however.  They are running only SP2 however.

	Is anyone aware if there is a problem with the VPN capabilities
under SP4?  Instructions I have from SonicWall for creating the link are for
SP3.  In this document they indicate that only DES is available for creating
the link, However we have tried this and still receive the same "no proposal
chosen" error.

	Any help in getting this link established would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Shawn Kearley

Shawn Kearley