[FW1] Anti-Spam on FW-1

Hello,
could someone advice me please :
We have FW-1 version 4. on AIX 4.3
On that is a SMTP resource defined , which sends an icoming E-
Mail to our SMTP server (Lotus Notes)which has, for some reason
mail relay open. That server uses hide NAT . On that mail
resource in firewall rules I allowed to accept an incoming mail
only for our domain (*.domain.com) as an anti-spam restriction.

Our provider tells, that we are open for relay anyway, even there
are no log entries for that neither on firewall, nor on Lotus
Notes server. Could I do anything more on a firewall against a
spam ?
The another problem is, that from time to time the mail daemon on
firewall dies repeatedly for time to time for an unknown reason,
which I also want to solve. Could it be, that someone kills it
and use this way to misuse our server for  a spam relay ?
Many thanks
Libor

-----
Twist SMS Tarif. SMSky jen za 1,70 Kč! To dostanou palce zabrat.. Pro změnu tarifu volej 4601
http://user.centrum.cz/redir.php?url=http://www.paegas.cz/twistcz.htm