Re: [FW1] Address Range as part of Security Police?

In the Source field you should be able to "right click"
select "Add User Access"
select a group
in the location section "Restrict Access"
select your network object
click "OK"

What do you see when you attempt this?
What version are you on?

JOe

[email protected] wrote:

I'd like to follow up this issue because I have same experience.  It is a
disadvantage for checkpoint to create a object with range of ip but it
doesn't show up when you want to add it.

Daniel Fang

Joe Delsol <[email protected]> Sent by: owner-fw-1-mailinglist To: RBHATIA <[email protected]> <[email protected] cc: "'Fernando Hagelsieb C.'" <[email protected]>, Velasquez point.com> Venegas Jaime Omar <[email protected]>, "FW1-MailingList (E-mail)" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [FW1] Address Range as part of Security Police? 08/29/2001 01:14 PM Please respond to joe

Are you trying to create a Site-to-site VPN or a client VPN with secuRemote/Client?

Off the top of my head, I'd guess that you are wanting a client VPN, since
it does not seem likely that the remote site would for sitte-to-site would
use a dynamic range of addresses.

For the client VPN you would not normally restrict the source address at
all.. although you could if you wanted to..
Create the user
Create a group for this VPN access
Add user to Group
Create rule:
Source: add user access and you could restrict to the address range if you
wish
Destination: allowed servers/networks
Service: what you expect
Action: Client Encrypt