From: Shannon Johnston [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 12:40 PM
To: Firewall One List
Subject: [FW1] Optimization??

I'm interested in increasing the performance of our FW-1 (Nokia IP440) and I
was wondering about the performance of groups vs. separate rules.
For example, I'm setting up a blacklist that will block everything coming
from specific IP's. Would it be more beneficial to set them up in a
blacklist
group and add them all to 1 rule, or would it run better if they were
separated into their own rules?
We filter serveral million packets per month so any performance gain is
welcome.

--
Shannon Johnston
[email protected]