From: Dinesh Kumar [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 10:14 AM
To: [email protected];
[email protected]
Subject: [FW1] serius problem after removing evaluation components of FW

Hello Friends,

I am having a serius problem with my CheckPoint Firewall. Actually one month
back i installed FW with all the components using evaluation licence key &
when i received my permanent Lic key then i kept my permamnet licence
key(licensed for VPN1 gateway & secure Remote clients) in My FW
configuration. Till now it was working fine but yesterday its Evaluation
licence key expired & it started giving Error Events in event viewer all
with event ID 1:
FW1: -->nnection
FW1: FW-1: fw_xlate_forw: failed to initialize the co-->
FW1: -->iled
FW1: FW-1: allocate_port: ld_set(fwx_alloc_tab, 3) fa-->
FW1: FW-1: halloc: unable to allocate 68 bytes

I realised that its because of expiry of evaluation licence so i removed all
the unlicensed products Meta IP, Floodgate, Policy server & policy client.
After removing all these components the performance of Internet is slow down
& i am getting same events in Even Viewer as mentioned above.
Any one who faced the same problem after removing unlicensed products please
let me know what could be the problem & how it can be prevented.

Thanks
Dinesh