From: brak [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 3:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Next Proxy?

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "brak" <[email protected]>

Hello,

   I maybe naive, but it seems that you just need
to create a Workstation object defining your
Proxy, and te create a Rule allowing your LAN to
access this Workstation object with the http
service..
   The URI is used to make the Firewall act as a
proxy itself, it can then forward traffic to an
webfiltering server for exemple. The Next Proxy
option is used to forward an http to another
proxy, only if the first proxy request was done
to the Fireall itself (meaning the your ptoxy.pac
will contain the Firewall address, not the real
Proxy address...)

   Hope this helps..

brak.

---------------------------------------

I would like to allow HTTP traffic that goes to
an HTTP Proxy server on the
other side of my firewall. I've attempted to
allow this traffic by defining
the external proxy as a uri and adding to a rule
with the external proxy as
a resource, but I get the following error message
when I try and pass
traffic to the the proxy server:

Request to proxy other than next proxy resource
http://proxy.foo.com

I'm uncertain if I should set the "HTTP Next
Proxy" setting in
Policy->Properties, Security Servers tab to point
at the proxy server. It
seems to me that this will only allow me to
filter traffic to one HTTP Proxy
Server.  I think that the "Next Proxy" sends
*all* web traffic to the server
defined here.  Am I wrong?  I really only want to
pass traffic to that proxy
that has been specificly directed there by the
client-side proxy.pac
javascript config.  All other traffic shouldn't
be affected.

Is this even possible?  Thanks,

Charles Mauch / Wan Administrator
Catholic Health Initiatives/ [email protected]