From: Kamen Pavlov [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: den 27 augusti 2001 01:57
To: 'Firewall One List'
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] site2site vpn up. Can ping, telnet

Wizards,

I have just put a site2site vpn in place using SO 4.1 and two intrusion.com
pds 2110 dwevices. I have allowed IKE traffic between the firewalled hosts
and ANY traffic between the two illegal nets.

We can ping and telnet successfully from both ends.  Ftp login works but no
data traffic can be initiated, even with a passv client.  Windows networking
is flaky, initial windows contents are displayed and then a never-eding hour
glass.  Same if I try to specify the ip directly in the UNC as in
\\ip.ip.ip.ip POP3/SMTP work with Outlook Express but not with Outlook (In
internet mail only mode)- it times out when sending.  Recieves OK.
Telnetting manually to ports 25 and 110 also works. I haven't tried to mount
NFS drives yet, but will need to.

Any recommendations on how to adjust the settings to make the VPN mode
'transparent' ?

thanks in advance,
KAmen