[FW1] Policy editor locked

Hello everyone.

After a couple of hecktick hours with nothing working, a couple of policy modification/reinstallation, ctrl-alt-suppr kills and more or less cold reboots, I now get the following message when I try to modify again the policy:

"Someone else (Unknown) is using Policy Editor - Information is locked. You can either retry connecting when Unknown logs out, or login again in read-only mode"

Our configuration : FW-1 4.1 SP3 on Win NT 4.0 SP6a

The single Management Module is installed on the same machine as the FireWall Module (Internet Gateway/25 product).

My question is of course: is this an intrusion ? Could it rather be a 'ghost' session I didn't leave properly ? If yes, how can I kill it ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help. Even more so if it's quick!

Sorry for the mailing list/newsgroup crosspost, I simply hope to get an answer before losing all of my hair !