From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Hanke, Christian (DC)
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 2:38 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Keeping SecureClient PC's Safe.

I am interested in what, if any, precautions others are taking to insure that the PC's using SecureClient to connect to their networks via VPN are not themselves compromised. My concern is that someone at home will be virus laden, compromised by a trojan, or who knows what else and then in turn compromise our network security by tunneling in to our cooperate network. Is this a valid concern? I am playing with the idea of requiring either a NAT box or one of the new Home Internet Gateways which include firewall functionality for users who wish to take advantage of the high speed VPN connection to our network. Of course, there would be no way to make sure their settings and configurations were optimal. What's everyone else doing about this? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all,

Christian