[FW1] Upgrading to Version 5

Hello Everybody,

We currently have two firewall modules (v4.0 on Solaris) controlled by
a management sever (also v4.0, but on NT).  We are about to move the
management server to a new box (Solaris) in a new location, and add two
new firewall modules.  In summary, the new network will have four
firewall modules and one management server.

The new firewall modules will be v4.1, so the management server will
have to be upgraded to v4.1, but the existing firewall modules can
remain v4.0.  Our software subscription allows us to upgrade to v5.0
(is version 5 also called NG???), and our vendor is pushing us to do
so.  If we do, we will have to upgrade the old firewall modules as well.

Does anyone have experience with v5.0?  Is it stable, secure, reliable
etc etc etc?

Can anyone tell why we shouldn't upgrade?

Thanks in advance,
Steve B.