RE: [FW1] Installation Problems

Title: RE: [FW1] Installation Problems

Are you installing the software as 'root' ? maybe a folder permissions thing..

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Fryer [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 16 August 2001 09:29
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Installation Problems

'ello all

Firstly please bear with me as I'm really new to this FW1 thing, but I'm
trying install VPN-1/Firewall-1 from the cd on Sun Ultra 5, running solaris
7, and I mount the cdrom, change to the directory, and then run ./InstallU, I
go through the process, hitting next, then selecting option 1, then stand
alone installation, then when I hit next to install, everything seems fine,
but ten the first error I get is:

"cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/lib: no such file or directory"

It then goes on to tell me that it's installing service pack 2 for
VPN/Firewall-1

Then when it gets to installing additional modules, I get:

"ln: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/modules: no such file or directory
/cdrom/wrappers/unix/Install.Solaris[1472]: /opt/CPfw1-41/bin/cpconfig :not
found"

Can anyone please help me out on this?

Thanks

Kind Regards