-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cunningham [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:52 PM
To: [email protected]

Hello all,

I am a newbie with this software and have been thrust into a situation that
requires me to write a rule for my firewall denying all ICMP traffic. Our
regular administrator is unreachable and we have no tech support. I need to
lock this down to stop a "Smurf" attack on my network. If anyone might be
kind enough to lend me a hand I would appreciate it. I'm sure it's easy for
people who are well versed in the software, but I am looking at it for the
first time today! I'm sure that rule may already be in place, but need to
verify that. I figured out the basics on how to create the rule, but I'm not

sure where the objects should be placed and what, if any, advanced features
I need to invoke.

Thanks,

Paul