De : Chris Hughes [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoyé : 11 août, 2001 13:40
À : [email protected]
Objet : [FW1] Exchange rules for VPN

I am using an NT.4 server with FW-1 version 4.1 sp3. In order to make Exchange reachable I made the static ports on the Exchange Server and opened up the appropriate ports on the FW (135,NBT protocols, etc...). It works fine when the rulesbase say  " any> mailserver --protocols---Accept ". This seems like a big hole. The FW will not let me use the combo of "allusers@any --- accept" I need to use "allusers@any with an authentication rule. The firewall will accept this but the packets get dropped. The only thing that works is the "any ------accept" scenario. Am I doing something wrong here? If not is this as big a hole as I bleieve it is? Thank you for any help.

Chris