[FW1] Another note about out-of-office autoreplies

Hi everyone.

Just a note about the DOOOR (distributed out-of-office rant).

Implementing rules on mailserver or mail reader to discard emails with subject line matching one of a set of common messages may be a partly satisfying method for most of us, except for:
* those who subscribed to digest versions, thus receive one big email, and individual ones inside (both out-of-office and the classical ones) ;
* those who read their mail via a web interface not implementing this kind of rule filtering.

BTW, I'm a member of those 2 commmunities.

As some of us, my idea about it is still that dealing with these useless messages primarily concerns the mailing list engine, and not the end users.

Anyway, the average vacation time is about to be over in the northern hemisphere, and this problem will weaken a bit in the forthcoming weeks. For a couple of months at least ;-)

Have a nice day.