From: METE EMINAGAOGLU (IT) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 1:37 PM
To: 'Juppunov, George'
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] Filtering HTTP-disabling the banner...

No, that's true for smtp, telnet, etc... But I'm struggling with the http-security server banner. i.e. when an outsider (from Internet to our servers in the DMZ) or insider (our LAN user to Internet) can't access a Web page for any reason, an error warning Web page is displayed as:

       Firewall-: access is denied..........

I want to change that warning banner for any http-request-related problems(or access restrictions). I don't want any firewall-related info. to be revealed to neither outsiders nor insiders.

I couldn' t find any fruitful info. or solution till now. I'll be very glad if you can help me. Thanks in advance...

Mete EMINAGAOGLU