Re: [FW1] Manual editing of objects.C

Hi,
yes, objects.C is in plain ASCII, so you can edit it. But the syntax checking is
absolutely minimal, so you have to avoid syntax errors strictly. If there is an
error in this file, your firewall will not start. So make a backup of the original
objects.C

For merging two files objects.C you can use the command
  fw confmerge objects1.C objects2.C > objects.C
Be careful not to overwrite an objects.C, which may be needed afterwards.

After having created or modified the objects.C, rename the files objects.C.bak and
objects.C.sav to something else.
Then, open the GUI, Policy Editor, and load the shown rulebase again. After a new
install of the rulebase, the new objects.C is "active".
Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias

[email protected] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can the objects.C be manually edited?
>
> I want to remove, edit and most important of all, import several hosts from
> one FW-1 to another FW-1.
>
> ---
> Jørn Yngve Dahl-Stamnes
> EDB Teamco, Trondheim
> [email protected]

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;home:+49 89 69759390
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662 Hohenbrunn;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard