From: clarysysnet [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 4:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Urgent Help Needed

Dear All,

The firewall stopped working altogether- in case we enable hide NAT for
any object.

In case we managed with all static NATs  the firewall worked for 1 day
after which it has become non functional.

We also analysed that if we enable logs in any of the rules it clogs log
with its junk entries to non existant IPs showed as destination.

We have also analysed some "code red "documents and suspect the same.
Pls see if checkpoint has some patch for the firewall. Also when we
remove the machines with IIS which are behind the network , the machines
with static NAT start working again. So this is strongly suspected.

Event viewer system log shows :
FW1: FW-1: halloc: unable to allocate 68 bytes
FW1: FW-1: fw_xlate_forw: failed to initialize the connection

>From phone boy we did get one query (top one) which says that PCs behind
NAT might have got infected by some  Trojan Horse program.

Kindly suggest some possible soution on urgent basis.