[FW1] Inquiry on Dropped "SQL" traffic

HI

Currently we seem to encounter some issues with a client trying to connect to a SQL server.Logs show traffic returningnfrom the server being dropped by rule 0.

4.1SP3

somehow its not being accepted by the 'state table' and I have tried a work around to disable a security enhancement and allow "Non SYN" packets to be matched against the rule base follow these steps:

1. On the Management Server, open the file $FWDIR/lib/fwui_head.def
2. Find the line

/*#define ALLOW_NON_SYN_RULEBASE_MATCH*/
and uncommenting it

BUT

Doesn't seem to help .

Now after doing that the log shows it dropped by cleanup rule instead.

Scenario:

Aceepted

Client --------> Sql server

Service =SQL_service
Protocol=tcp
Source port=1471

Dropped by Rule 0

Sql server----------> client

service=1471
protocol=tcp
Source port=Sql_service

And when i uninstalled the SP3 , files went missing and even fw could not start! I reinstalled sp 3 and threw back the database and conf directory which i had backed up and am now back to square one.

TIA for your advice.