RE: [FW1] Mailserver Behind Firewall

Wolfgang,

What you describe is a mail relay. It's the first time I've heard this
referred to as a mail proxy, but if it makes you happy, I'm not going to get
into an argument over that.
As far as holding the MX record, sure, I meant that the MX record should be
assigned to the mail relay server on the DMZ. But I was thinking from the
mail architecture
point of view, so it's the server that holds the MX record for my entire
setup. Perhaps, poor choice of word order and voice.

Other than the semantics, I was making the same point you are, albeit not in
as much detail. :)

Cheers.
George