From: Chris Arnold [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 8:48 PM
To: 'Ekblad, Eric M '; ''[email protected]' '
Subject: RE: [FW1] CP 4.1; logging messages through another Nokia.

If you configured remote logging through Voyager you more than likely
configured remote logging of syslog or SNMP messages and not FW-1 logging.
Look in /var/log/syslog (or wherever your logs for a given alert and
severity) are on the machine you listed as the remote box.

If you want to configure your FW enforcement points to log FW-1 log messages
to a nonlocal machine MC, you will list the hostname/address in
$FWDIR/conf/masters or (I believe) any non-local MC or FW enforcement point
in $FWDIR/conf/loggers.

Chris