[FW1] RE: [fw1-wizards] OWA 2000 behind https security server

Dan,

The problem is not with the exchange part, this is handled by
CheckPoint. The problem lies in the fact that we use a front end server.
In the new OWA2000 setup, both the backend and the frontend server
generate URL's which contain abusolute links in the form of:
http://server/exchange/... if the frontend server is listening on port
443 (https) the urls are prefixed with https:// iso http://.  However,
if you use FW-1 as a reverse proxy the URL's need to be in the form of
https:// but the communication with the front end server is on port 80
(http).

You can force OWA2000 into using https:// links by setting the headers
FRONT-END-HTTPS: on, but I do not know if I can do that via FW-1.

Regards,
Frank

https:// instead
of http://. The front-end server notifies the back-end server that SSL
was used by passing in this HTTP header with each request:

Front-End-Https: On

When the back-end server receives this header in a request, it sends
back https:// URLs instead of http:// when it responds. When there is a
separate server between the client and front-end that terminates the SSL
connection, it needs to be able to add this header to notify the
front-end server that SSL was used so that the front-end can in turn
notify the back-end.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, configure the proxy server to add the following
header on upstream requests when OWA SSL requests are received:

Front-End-Https: On

If the server cannot add this header, then you can also configure that
server to re-initiate SSL between itself and the front-end. Although
there is a performance hit for this, it ensures that the front-end
server adds the header when it proxies the requests to the back-end
server.

Is there a way to add the mentioned header to the stream?

Regards,
Frank Breedijk
ICT Security Officer

T: +31 20 88 78 113