Re: [FW1] CVP Products

Hi Joe,

          this is the announcement received from SecurityFocus.com about
      this issue:

      "There is a new IIS worm in the loose. The worm was detected by ARIS
      yesterday. You can read the analysis of the Code Red II worm by
      SecurityFocus here and another from eEye here. Please, use the
      INCIDENTS mailing list for discussion about the worm. If you'd like
      to help us notify user they are infected please send offending IP
      data to [email protected]. Please use the following
      format: IP ADDRESS DATE/TIME WITH TIMEZONE Or something similar to
      this. Please ensure the information is contained to IP address and
      date per line as we do our notification automatically and our systems
      needs to be able to understand the data you send us. "

          Regards,

                Josué.

Joe Matusiewicz <[email protected]>@lists.us.checkpoint.com con fecha
03/08/2001 14:31:47

      Enviado por: [email protected]

         De                 Joe Matusiewicz <[email protected]>
                            @lists.us.checkpoint.com
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Copias
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         CCI
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Fecha              03/08/2001 14:31
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Tema               Re: [FW1] CVP Products
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+

      Alnz,

      We dumped NAVFW for TrendMicro early last week when we realized it
      was NOT
      blocking the sircam virus.  We had to do something about sircam real
      fast.  TrendMicro so far seems to be running OK since then.  I even
      wrote a
      signature for it that stops the KakWorm using the Emanager plug-in.
      I sent
      the real KakWorm to myself and it was blocked.  NAVFW can't stop the
      KakWorm because it only looks at attachments, the KakWorm is in the
      actual
      message body.  BTW, Norton has just released a fix for the sircam
      problem.

      Hope this helps....

      -- Joe

      At 08:24 PM 8/1/01, Alonzo Vera wrote:

      >Hi everybody!,
      >I usually work with Norton Antivirus for Firewalls, but lastly I had
      serious
      >problems this product. It seems that Symantec is not anymore an
      OPSEC
      >product.
      >My question is:
      >Does anyone have some experience with any other antivirus using
      CVP?. I am
      >evaluating TrendMicro VirusWall.. It is ok so far.. Does anyone use
      this
      >software?, comments?
      >
      >Thank in advance!!
      >
      >Alnz.
      >

      >Ing. Alonzo Vera Rojas
      >Consultor en Seguridad de Redes
      >Cosapi Soft S.A.
      >Av. Javier Prado Este 4491-Surco. Lima 33, Perú.
      >Teléfonos:anx 234; Fax:;
      >Nextel: 81.22612
      >mailto:[email protected]
      >http://www.cosapisoft.com.pe