[FW1] TCP SYN followed by RST causes "Unknown TCP established packet" in logs ?

Hi there,

I get lots of the errors "Unknown established TCP Packet" in the logs.
I know what the message is supposed to mean but what it is supposed to
mean does not seem to be occuring in our network.

I think I found the cause;
If HostA is establishing a connection with HostB it sends the TCP SYN.
If HostB does not respond, then HostA retries 3 times.  After retrying
most hosts just give up.  Some hosts/applications however generate a
TCP RST and this is what causes the above event.

My question is if the above is correct and has anybody else had the
same problem ?  Is there any fix from checkpoint ?
Finally, is the host trying to establish the connection not adhering
to the TCP Standards by sending a TCP RST even though it got no
response to the TCP SYN ?

Any ideas/thoughts would be great.
Thanks,

Brendan