RE: [FW1] VPN tunnel using Nokia's IPSO?

Since this is how you configure a GRE type VPN using IPSO.
Can anyone tell me there are any performace and security benefits in using a
GRE
VPN tunnel instead using Check Point VPN?

Let say you have 16 remote site and they connecting to a central site.

Also can you create a GRE VPN tunnel and just use the Check Point FW-1
to protect the Nokia from external attacks

I spoke to a Nokia tech and he mentioned if you use IPSO based GRE VPN you
should not install Check Point FW-1 on the same box.
Is this true?

Thanks