[FW1] E-mail Attachment stripping, Checkpoint VPN-1 / FW-1

Hello,
  I attempted to strip a number of files from incoming SMTP and POP3 traffic
on our Checkpoint Firewall, running 4.1 SP3 on Solaris.  I made the
following changes to the objects.C file:

: (smtp_filter
	:color (magenta)
	:type (Tcp)
	:comments ("SMTP with Attachment Stripping")
	:port (25)
	:src_port_from ()
	:src_port_to ()
	:fastmode (false)
	:res_type (
		:tytpe (refobj)
		:refname ("#_SMTP spec")
	)
	:forbiddenfiles (
		:("{*.vbs, *.A, *.1*}")
	)
)

  Nothing too brilliant, as the change was taken right from the Release
Notes of 4.1 SP3.  I even removed the existing objects.C.sav and
objects.C.bak out of $FWDIR/conf to another folder.  When I brought the
firewall back up, I received a number of error messages and the firewall
failed.  Any one have similar problems with setting up Attachment Filtering
on SMTP or POP3?
What I question is the following:

1.  I placed spaces in :("{*.vbs, *.A, *.1*}") between the comma and next
extension, anyone know if that's a problem?
2.  I edited the objects.C in pico, should I have used vi?

  Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Woods