RE: [FW1] Websense 4.3 Limitations

Title: RE: [FW1] Websense 4.3 Limitations

Is there a reason you  cant use Websense to define your policies ? There are many reasons that we went away from using the UFP dictionary of categories. The main one is that the UFP cannot handle the number of categories we have.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fujinaka, Jason [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 6:50 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Websense 4.3 Limitations

Does anyone know how to get around the Websense UFP Dictionary limitations
of "Blocked" and "Not Blocked"?

With Websense 3.11, I was able to use fw rules that worked for specific
categories. I had a rule that allowed every computer on the LAN to be able
to access a dozen sites, regardless if I set it up on the firewall to have
general access.

This is how I would like my rules to work:

1. Allow access to anyone accessing one of a dozen customized sites (through
websense)
        Note:I could manually add all of the sites to the firewall and not
use websense, but i'd like all the sites centrally managed and reported from
2. Block bad sites for all (No Problem)
3. Allow Workstations added to Internet_Users group to access all other
websites (No Problem)
4. Prompt for Firewall login for all computers not in Internet_Users (so
that certain people can access the web on all computers-No Problem)

Note: I added my entire network range and applied the yes list to it. This
only showed the policy that the computer is limited to access certain sites.
When going to one of my dozen authorized sites, it would just prompt for a
login. This didn't accomplish #1 and it defeated #4.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jason Fujinaka