[FW1] Secure Remote behind NAT DSL router

I am currently having trouble getting a Windows 98 machine to connect from
behind a NAT'd device.  I am using 4.1 sp2 firewall that was upgraded from
4.0.  I edited the objects.c file and changed the lines to :userc_NAT (true)
:userc_IKE_NAT (true).  The NAT'ing on the Router is a hide NAT.

I am using Firewall-1 password for authentication.  I have tried both IKE
and FWZ for encryption.   However when I select just IKE and not FWZ on the
firewall,  my client errors out with error in exchanging keys with firewall.

I have IKE checked as an option under my firewall object VPN tab.  I have
also choosen pre-shared secret.

My questions are

1)  Exactly how do I need to setup the client to use IKE?  Please include
everything that I will need to perform this.  Do I need IKE defined in my
firewall object?  If so do I choose pre-shared secret?

2)  Is there anything special I need on the client in order to get this
working?

And finally I would like to thank those who help me in advance.

Thank You,
Lee Christie (CCSA)
Security Engineer
CorpNet Security____________________________________
trust.no.one.train.everyone
     surround yourself with knowledge
              www.corpnetsecurity.com

NOTICE: CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

This e-mail message and any accompanying files may contain information
that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, and have received the e-mail in error, you are
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing
or copying of the message and any attached files is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail message in error please immediately
advise the sender by return e-mail, or telephone, listed below.  You
must destroy the original transmission and its contents.  Any views
expressed within this communication are those of the individual sender,
CorpNet Security. This communication should not be copied or
disseminated without permission.