[FW1] Secure Remote behind NAT DSL router

I am currently having trouble getting a Windows 98 machine to connect from
behind a NAT'd device.  I am using 4.1 sp2 firewall that was upgraded from
4.0.  I edited the objects.c file and changed the lines to :userc_NAT (true)
:userc_IKE_NAT (true).  The NAT'ing on the Router is a hide NAT.

I am using Firewall-1 password for authentication.  I have tried both IKE
and FWZ for encryption.   However when I select just IKE and not FWZ on the
firewall,  my client errors out with error in exchanging keys with firewall.

I have IKE checked as an option under my firewall object VPN tab.  I have
also choosen pre-shared secret.

My questions are

1)  Exactly how do I need to setup the client to use IKE?  Please include
everything that I will need to perform this.  Do I need IKE defined in my
firewall object?  If so do I choose pre-shared secret?

2)  Is there anything special I need on the client in order to get this
working?

And finally I would like to thank those who help me in advance.