[FW1] Content filtering/AV on "outbound" POP3 mail to client!!!

Title: Message
Hi all,
We would allow our isp subscribers to signup to a antivirus product to to clean their pop3 mail.
The only way that I can think of these being done is when the user retrieves their mail via pop3.
We will give them a different ip when they signin and then when they use the pop3 protocol to retrieve thier mail we would like it to be scanned.
I know the correct method it to do inbound smtp scanning but there are performance and legal issues. We would like the user to have a choice.
Do you thing we should use a FW-1 rule with a CVP server defined for the outbound traffic to scan, whould this work because it the CVP server w"ould be coming into play half
way into the connection when the data is being retured to the client. Could this be done for POP3 traffic.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have had a couple ideas with Layer4 switches to.

Thanx
Eric
South africa