[FW1] RE: Urgent: SP4 breaks LDAP -Account-Management ?

  • To: "FW1-Mailinglist (E-Mail)" <[email protected]>
  • Subject: [FW1] RE: Urgent: SP4 breaks LDAP -Account-Management ?
  • From: "Fitzner Daniel" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:29:44 +0200
  • Sender: [email protected]

Hello,

I made some tests and now I have more infos for this problem. SP4
doesn't break LDAP at all.
The usage of Client-Authentication with LDAP (maybe for ftp or telnet)
works fine, the usage of Securemote with LDAP and Username PW works also
fine.

But the usage of Securemote, IKE and Certificates doesn't works with
LDAP after applying the SP. The FW doesn't contact the LDAP-Server and
search for the user. Because the user doesn't exists local the client
cannot connect and gets the message "CN:  User unknown". In the
situation described above the FW1 searches the user in the
ldap-database.

BTW: I use the same group for Client-Authentication and
Client-Encryption, so it can't be a configuration problem (also because
it wokred with SP3).

Has anyone Securemote with IKE, LDAP and Certitificates working on a FW
with SP4 and Redhat Linux ?? Please let me know it.

Best regards
Daniel Fitzner

----
---------

Daniel Fitzner
IT-Services
T-Systems debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH / GS Berlin
debis Haus am Potsdamer Platz
10875 Berlin

mail: [email protected]
fon: +49 30 2554-3266