From: Mark Decker
To: Casey DeBerry; [email protected]
Sent: 7/20/01 4:09 PM
Subject: RE: [FW1] high availability

Casey,

There are other solutions besides StoneBeat. Take a look at:
http://www.checkpoint.com/opsec/performance.html#HA_Load_Balancing

Most true HA solutions require both FWs to be on the same subnets (both
doing the same task).  I don't believe HSRP will do what you describe
unless the FWs in question are both Cisco boxes.  However, you might be
able to do something like that with OSPF.  Look at www.hanetworks.com
for some ideas.

HTH,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity - High Availability for [email protected]