Re: [FW1] log file conversions

Hi,

Here's a script I use:

#!/bin/sh
cd /var/fw/log
echo "ExportLog Files:"
fw logexport -i date.alog -o datealog.txt -n
fw logexport -i date.log -o datelog.txt -n
echo "Gzipping Exported Files:"
gzip datealog.txt
gzip date.alog
gzip datelog.txt
gzip date.log
echo "End Export & Gzip Log Files:"
echo "FTPing Gzipped Files to Snap Server:"
ftp -v -i -n <<EOF
open ..xxx
user xxxxx xxxxx
binary
passive
cd /xxx/xxx
lcd /var/fw/log
send datealog.txt.gz
send date.alog.gz
send datelog.txt.gz
send date.log.gz
quit
EOF

I convert the files to text on our nokia, ftp them to another box where I can look
at them off line.

You can probably do all of this on your sun box.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim Driskell