Re: [FW1] How to block morpheus? (the new napster)

Hello mr. Appelboom,

we are wondering about morpheus as well. for the tech. department we
have an outbound allowed all rule. inbound poorly nothing allowed.
when you start morpheus the client start a connection to 1214 and
start a listener on 1214. according to the theory you should be able
to start an outbound connection but no one should come in. but in real
life there are connections possible. that against the gravity. how can
anyone start a connection to my box when checkpoint shouldn´t allow
the syn packet to 1214 on my machine. mysterious thing. you should
definetly close this port in both directions.
one thing is a clear cut: morheus is a pretty high danger for any
firewall!

EA> Does anyone have a solution to block morpheus from www.musiccity.com
EA> <http://www.musiccity.com>
EA> I have found this thread.

EA> Newsgroups:
EA> <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=comp.security.firewall
s>> comp.security.firewalls

--
Mit besten Grüssen,
 stefan fassbender                         mailto:[email protected]