RE: [FW1] security analyzer and scanner

I allready know that and that is why you should first get to know with the
exploit and exploit afterwards (DO NOT shoot FIRST and ask questions later).
Yes... I agree with you. It is dangerous. But i just can't believe you had
to re-install the W98 machine all over again. I use Nessus for 3 months now
and since then i used it against W95B, W98, W98SE, WIN NT 4 WRK SP3, WIN NT
4 WRK SP4, WIN NT 4 WRK SP5, WIN NT 4 WRK SP6, WIN NT 4 WRK SP6a and allmost
all the Server Products (including 2 Interactive Unix machines and Nessus
itself). The only BAD thing happened was that i HAD to re-boot the damn
machines to clean them up (you must have noticed the existence of "Nessus"
directories in the HD of the machines attacked). So... Yes... IT IS A LITTLE
BIT DANGEROUS... But it is also freeware... It just can't (in my humble
opinion) FUBAR (remember Tango and Cash???) the PC's you exploit...
Reporting is gorgeous... Exploits come up all the time. Upgrading don't cost
a thing. The decision is up to you. You can install Nessus (cost is just a
PIII 450MHz, 128MB RAM, 4GB HDD, SVGA 1024x768 16K) or you can
install.............. Whatever... Personally... I LOVE NESSUS. WAY TO GO
NESSUS TEAM!!!

Kind Regards,

Dimitris Chontzopoulos
IS Administrator

Megatrust Securities S.A.
4, Kapsali Str.
Athens, Greece
Telephone : +3 01 7262403
Fax       : +3 01 7262095
e-mail    : [email protected]

IT Help Desk Support : +3 01 7262400

DISCLAIMER
- This message is intended only for the use of the person(s)    -
- ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may        -
- contain information, which is privileged and confidential.    -
- Accordingly any dissemination, distribution,copying or        -
- other use of this message or any of its content by any person -
- other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of  -
- civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are  -
- not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon -
- as possible.                                                  -