From: Cepeda, Josh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 4:48 PM
To: 'Patterson, Gary'
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] HTTP client authentication & Securid "new pin mode"

You may need to edit your client authentication properties to partially
automatic.
If not, below is an alternative:

Telnet to your firewall on port 259

Below is what you should see

# when selecting no for automatic PIN generation

Check Point FireWall-1 authenticated Telnet server running on telefw01
User: johndoe
PASSCODE: ******    (type in  active token only)
User johndoe authenticated by SecurID
New PIN required. Do you wish to continue? (y/n) [n] y
Generate automatically ? (y/n) [y] n
Enter your new PIN, containing  4 to 8 characters: *****

User authorized for standard services (1 rules)
Authorization will be disabled when the session is closed.

# when selecting yes for automatic PIN generation

Check Point FireWall-1 Client Authentication Server running on telefw01
User: johndoe
PASSCODE: ******
User johndoe authenticated by SecurID
New PIN required. Do you wish to continue? (y/n) [n] y
Generate automatically ? (y/n) [y] y
Your new PIN is: hzqy
New PIN accepted

User authorized for standard services (1 rules)
Authorization will be disabled when the session is closed.

This process allows you to set your PIN and sync it at the same time.
The Next time you hit a destination that requires SecurID you put in your
username
and passcode which consists of your PIN and currently active token.