RE: [FW1] rule allows accept, yet traffic drops

What TCP service?
Make sure this service is not limited to certain SOURCE ports.

-----Original Message-----
From: Clarrisa Wright [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 6:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] rule allows accept, yet traffic drops

hello

wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.  i have a rule which
allows traffic from one source to 2 destination addresses for a single
TCP service.

My log show the traffic drops to one of the addresses in the rule,
and accepts to other.  Yet both addresses are combined in this single
"accept" rule!

I have seen this problem occur in the past, and I thought I was seeing
things, but no - the drop is clearly on my rule #12, and not a drop
on rule zero.

This is FW-1 4.0, SP 8.

I am wondering how this could be happening.  I have read the section
"A drop is not a drop" on phoneboy, but I don't believe this applies
in my case.

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)
Clarrisa