Re: [FW1] A Serious Delay on Out going Mail

NDUKU:

are you allowing incoming 'ident' to your mail server?
if not, this may slow down your email significantly.
try adding a rule
  SOURCE    DEST              SERVICE    Action
  Any       Exchamge_server   ident      pass

if you don't want to allow ident, then at least put a rule
saying
  SOURCE    DEST              SERVICE    Action
  Any       Exchamge_server   ident      reject

(note that it's reject and not drop; that way an icmp error
message gets sent out to the peer mail server and it doesn't
wait forever for a timeout)

Hope this helps,
 Avishai

--- NDUKU MUNYARADZI <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hie All
> Iam experiencing a serious delay in my outgoing mail to the ISP such
> that my
> que of outbound messages on my exchange server is getting fairly
> large. If I
> by pass my firewall and connect directly to the ISP with my exchange
> server
> my outbound messages que dwindles.
>
> Iam running Firewall-1/VPN-1 sp1 on an NT box. I have created an smtp
> resource for my incoming mail and incoming mail is not a problem at
> all.
>
> I have a static nat of my exchange server and my valid mail IP
> address.
> I have arule like
>
> Source			Destination		Service		Action
> Exchange_Server 	Any			SMTP		Accept
>
> This has been working fine for a couple of months
>
> ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE THE SITUATION IS GETTING DESPERATE
>
> Regards
> Munya

=====
Avishai Wool, Ph.D.,  Chief Scientist & Co-Founder, Lumeta Corp.
220 Davidson Ave, 4th Floor, Somerset, NJ 08873, USA
Lumeta Firewall Analyzer: http://www.lumeta.com/firewall.com
Email: [email protected]      Web: http://research.lumeta.com/yash/
Do You Yahoo!?
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/