From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Gary Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 5:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Can anyone say if PPTP and static NAT are definitely supported by V4.1????

Dear All

I need a definite answer on this:

Is if PPTP and static NAT are definitely supported or at LEAST POSSIBLE on FW1 V4.1????

I have tried all the tips I can find and still cannot get it working!

Running FW1 V4.1 SP2 on NT trying to VPN using Windows 2000 VPN (PPTP) to a Win2K server.

Firstly I have added the following and it still does not work:

Using static NAT to the pptp server

any, pptp-server, gre/pptp-tcp, accept, long
pptp-server, any, gre/pptp-tcp, accept, long

pptp-server is a group object containing for instance:
pptp-server-outside -static NAT (non RFC1918 "routeable" address exposed to the internet)
pptp-server-inside - internal 10.1.2.2 (RFC1918 address of the real server)
Address Translation configured in this manner:
(src,dest,svc,xlate-src,xlate-dest,xlate-svc)
any, pptp-server-outside, "ANY", original, pptp-server-inside (static nat), "original"
pptp-server-inside, any, "ANY", pptp-server-outside (static nat), original, "original"

This should statically nat's the internal server to a non-RFC1918 address that the remote user can connect to.  But it does not work....

Allowing the following through:
gre defined as ip_p = 47, [22:2,b] = 0x880B
port 1723
port 500
port 34827

STILL NO JOY.

ANY definitive answers would be most welcome!

Regards
Gary