[FW1] VPN & DMZ

Hi everyone...
First of all, lemme introduce myself, since I'm new to this mailing-list. I
am a unix sys-adm (Sun & HPUX) and I'm working for an insurance company in
Milan, Italy.
One of my new tasks,here, is about security and I'm trying to understand
something in my corporate's security...
So, here I go....
I've got a FW1 running on 2 Netra cluster (one is granting security to our
web-site and the other to our LAN) and each of them is on its own DMZ. The
two DMZ talk between them with a CP VPN (or so they told me...as a rule, I
have to be authenticated on FW1 to access on DMZ from the other). How can I
see what is exactely doing FW1 ? I mean: how can I see if there is actually
a VPN (or more than one) ? How can I see if FW1 is securing them ?
Thanx in advance....

Lorenzo