[FW1] RE: Nokia/Check Point

Mark is correct.
Nothing but rumors.
Check Point is focused on selling software and they would like for their
software to run on as many platforms as possible. It's your choice.

My experience, with Check Point and Nokia, has me understanding that while
we often talk about speeds and feeds, it is the entire customer experience
that is of the greatest concern. I think this is what Toolkas is thinking.

Nokia is going forward with the development of newer and better platforms
for Check Point VPN-1 and FireWall-1. I think you will find that you have
more choices that fit into your deployment plans. And while it is true that
Nokia will have more competition, they are ahead of the game.

The IP440 is not going anywhere at this point in time. In fact, Nokia is
supporting a $1500 discount on the IP440 that Toolkas may want to take
advantage of soon.

I should refrain from further comments, I am prejudiced. :-)

Jerald Josephs, CISSP
Nokia Internet Communications